When providing My Home Vet Ltd with important confidential information please be assured that it is only used in relevance to our website and will not be sold, reused, rented disclosed or loaned to any third parties.
This is in accordance with the data protection Act 2018 and consumer protection regulations 2000.
At My Home Vet Ltd we pride ourselves on our respect for our customers’ privacy.
My Home Vet Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
My Home Vet Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 2ND NOVEMBER 2020
This Privacy Notice describes the relationship between My Home Vet Ltd and your data – how it is acquired, processed and stored. It will demonstrate our respect for your data regarding security and compliance with current data protection legislation, and in particular, the General Data Protection Regulation, in effect from 2nd NOVEMBER 2020.
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by [the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”)].
There exists NO statutory requirement for a Data Protection Officer (DPO) for My Home Vet Ltd
All STAFF of the client organisation who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Who we are
My Home Vet Ltd is a mobile vet
My Home Vet Ltd is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Our legal basis for the processing of the personal data consists of:
- Article 6.1(a) – “the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;”
- Article 6.1(b) – “processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;”
- Article 6.1(c) – “processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;”
- Article 6.1(f) “processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.”
- Article 6.4(e) – “the existence of appropriate safeguards, which may include encryption or pseudonymisation.”
5. How do we process your personal data?
My Home Vet Ltd complies with its obligations [under the GDPR] by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes, relative to “lawfulness of process”:
To maintain and administer accurate customer records (name, address, phone, email etc)
Register you with our business
Accounting and invoicing
Additional sales from us to you
Collecting owed monies
Service and liaison with suppliers & contractors on your behalf
To offer occasional marketing and promotional opportunities that we think you will be interested in
To improve our overall service to you – through our direct contact and our website(s)
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential
We will only share your data with other third parties with your prior and explicit consent, as explained at the point of sale.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than is reasonable
Personal data is not retained for any reason beyond a period of five (5) years
8. Your rights and your personal data
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
9. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
10. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our Data Officer, Olivia Graham My Home Vet Ltd
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
 Council of the European Union, 5419/1/16 REV 1, pp 118-120
11. What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer
12. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use Google Analytics cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. For more information click here
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. A step-by-step guide to doing so can be found here.
15. Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
16. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to My Home Vet Ltd.